ASE Certified Automotive Technician Job Summary
Full-Service Technician with tools and a valid driver license needed for our full-service Herbert Automotive repair facility in Cumming and Canton GA. Full benefits, closed on Sunday, growth potential.
Responsible for properly performing all services and repairs as required on the vehicle in our service center.
· Full-service tech, diagnostics, drivetrain, brakes, HVAC, and engine repairs as needed.
· Check and advise customer on services due dates, brake and rotor wear and function.
· Advise Service Writer or Manager of all service advised and required.
· Check and fill if necessary: clutch fluid, battery electrolyte level, windshield washer fluid, automatic transmission fluid and power steering fluid
· Check and test anti-freeze
· Perform visual inspection of belts and hoses
· Record information on Service Order Ticket
· Double check own work for accuracy
· Perform visual safety checks and check for fluid leaks
· Service transmissions and differentials/gearboxes when necessary
Automotive Technician Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED required
- Vocational or postsecondary program completion preferred
- ASE Certification required
- At least 3 years of previous experience in a related role
- Extensive experience with various hand tools preferred